We invited over some of Stephen's coworkers and some of our friends for church for a little BBQ the Saturday before Easter. We had lots of fun. When they first got to the house the kids decorated bags to use for the Easter egg hunt. Then we all ate some yummy food. After everyone was done eating and we had all be socializing for a while I took the kids inside to decorate sugar cookies while the dads hide the Easter eggs.
Then the hunt was on. We let the younger ones go first and then the older kids. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves. And the kids got to collect a lot of eggs. Emerson found mostly hard boiled ones, which meant less candy to try and hide!
Canyon had a nice time as well. He was a big fan of all the yummy food that was there.
We also did an egg toss and gave the younger kids hard boiled eggs to toss back and forth while the adults got raw eggs. Stephen and I did alright but in the end only placed second or third. Towards the end of the BBQ we let the kids give the pinata a try. We went through all the kids twice before if finally busted. When they were all collecting the candy Emerson came up to me with a couple starburst in his hand and said, "That's enough for me mommy, I don't need anymore. I have enough." It was pretty cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment