We headed to Wales on Thursday after Stephen got home from work. We left sunny hot England and as we made our way to Wales the weather kept getting worse. By the time we got to our campsite it was pouring. I like the picture below, how it focused in on the rain drops on the windshield. Oh did I mention that during our trip I realized that I didn't pack any warm clothes for us (I did for the kids thankfully).
Joseph and Stephen put up the tent in the rain while the boys and I watched from the car. Then we all hurried into the tent and made ourselves some sandwiches before going to bed. When we woke up the next morning the rain had finally stopped and the sun was starting to shine. We did however have lots of water puddles inside our tent and a few other things that got a bit wet.
Well to keep with the trend of forgetting things on this camp out, I realized that I forgot to pack butter and syrup for our pancakes. Joseph suggested fried worms. Thankfully we found a different solution.
The cooks and creators of our new camping breakfast tradition--pancakes with melted/roasted mallows and raspberry jelly.
After breakfast we cleaned up camp a bit and then drove to the base of Snowdon. I am going to put the pictures of our hike on another post since this one is getting so long. When we got back from our hike we lounged around a bit and then had some dinner. We also enjoyed smores later that evening and watched a movie. Normally we would have gone out and done some exploring but since we forgot to bring a lot of warm clothes we opted to get in our nice warm sleeping bags and watch a movie, which none of us made it through.
The dogs were a little worn out after our hike. Maple was especially beat and took a nice long nap on Stephen's lap when we got back to the campsite.
Emerson working on his tree climbing skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment