Monday, 10 May 2010
Storknesting Day 18
Today started off in the usual way, breakfast, reading, and drawing. Stephen and I took turns doing some more reading and blowing bubbles while we got ready for the day. Emerson and I hung out a lot, trying to give Stephen some time to work on school. Around 4.30 I told him that I might be having contractions. After a couple more came I decided that it must indeed be contractions. With Emerson my water broke first and then I started having contractions so we didn't really know how long it would be before the baby came. We made arrangements to drop Emerson off at some friends after we had eaten dinner. After dinner my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. When my contractions were about 3 minutes apart we decided to go to the hospital. When we got there they hooked me up to some monitors to check and see how everything was going. At that point I was dialated to a 7. After giving them some information they let me off the monitors so I could move around. The contractions were getting stronger and the doctor suggested that I sit on a birthing ball to help with the pain and the progress. That definetly did the trick. Once I got on the ball my contractions got very intense. It was not long after that before I was back on the bed ready for the time to push. When it actually came down to the pushing it did not take very long before the baby came. I could tell that he was bigger then all of our guesses. Stephen said 7 lbs 6 oz and I said 8 lbs 1 oz. Try 9 lbs 3 oz! 20 1/2 inches long and born at 10.49 that night. We are very excited about his arrival after all the anticipation that storknesting has brought.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations! Hope all is going well still! Such an exciting/exhausting time!
ReplyDelete