This morning we had to set an alarm to make sure that we didn't sleep in because I had an early doctors appointment. It's a good thing because we were all a bit tired. We did however get up and get ready for the day with enough time to get to the appointment. It was helpful that Emerson slept in this morning so we were able to get ready and not worry about getting Emerson ready. He woke up when we put him in the stroller and was surprisingly content to be in their with his blanket while we made our way to the hospital. It was a little chilly outside but looked like it might turn out to be a nice day. My appointment was a little longer then normal. I was pushed back a little because they were already behind schedule and then when they did finally get to me we had to stop halfway through the appointment and switch rooms. The baby was really active and gave the nurse a really hard time when she was trying to get his heart tones. I thought it was really funny but I think the nurse was getting a little impatient. They checked to see if there had been any progress but things seem to be moving slowly. They said that the cervix has effaced only 40% and that I am dilated to a 2 maybe 3. I think they were expecting more since I was due on Monday. We're not to worried though because with Emerson I was probably less than that at the last appointment I had before he was born. And the time span between appointment and delivery was 4 or 5 days. But anyways we have another appointment scheduled for Monday (if he doesn't arrive before that). If we have that appointment they will check a couple things out and determine when we need to schedule and induction. So hopefully he comes before Monday and if not then hopefully the idea of an induction will scare him to come out before the actual date. Besides the fact that he hasn't come everything is going really well. After the appointment we went back to the room and played with some bubbles. And then after a few phone calls we went for a ride to go and look at some puppies. We decided that they were cute and took two girls. We dropped them of at some friends (no pets allowed in the hotel) and then went back to the hotel. They seem like very sweet little girls and we are excited about our new additions. Hopefully they won't have to be babysat for too much longer. We haven't decided on names yet but we know that the tan one is crazy and the brindle is a sweetie. After a quick look some possibilities are Abby, Belle, Chloe, Honey, Maple and Piper. We know that the puppies aren't the 'new arrivals' that most of you were expecting and hope that you are not too disappointed that we were talking about dogs and not a baby!
So now that you have names for your dogs have you decided on names for the baby? LOL So lets see, in our family we now have ten dogs and at least two or three cats if I am not mistaken.
ReplyDeleteDear Stephen, I was going to wait until tomorrow to wish you a Happy Birthday but then I realized that it is MAY 7TH in England so a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. I hope you get a son for your birthday! Lots of love, MOM
ReplyDeleteWow, you guys are ambitious - new baby AND not 1 but 2 new dogs?? Good luck!
ReplyDelete