Stephen had a long weekend not that long ago and one of the days we decided that it was just too nice to stay inside. We all hopped in the car and drove a couple minutes down the road to Stanwick Lakes. It was bird week at Stanwick and so our first stop was to the children's discovery area where Emerson made a bird mask.
The next stop was the play ground. The boys had a lot of fun playing in the sand and going down the slide.
They also played "King of the Stump" and got tossed in the air by daddy.
After the playground we went on a little walk. After a little walking we came to a bridge and raced leaves from one side to the other.
It was a really nice day and so much fun to get out and enjoy and little time outside in the sunshine.
Cute kiddos! And I think your pictures are beautiful! In response to your question, though:
ReplyDeleteSettings vary a lot depending on time of day, lighting inside at the time, etc. But I'd say most of the time when shooting indoors, my f stop is set at a 2.8 or lower to let in lots of light. Often times I'll open up my aperture wide to a f 1.4. If shooting indoors at night sans flash, sometimes you'll get those overly yucky orange/yellow hues to your picture and that can be fixed using "curves" in photoshop. A lot of times I'll fix that in photoshop by adding more blue tones to the picture, or if you shoot in RAW (which I do most of the time), you can adjust white balance and hues in ACR editor.
As far as sharpness goes, there is an action in totally rad actions called "boutwell magic glasses" that sometimes I'll run, or pioneer woman has an action called "sharpen this" where you can manually take the brush in photoshop and sharpen just certain parts of your picture. And almost always before posting to the web, I'll run an "unsharp mask" filter in PS. Go to filter--->sharpen--->unsharp mask.. Adjust the amount you need, but I usually leave the radius at 2.5 or so, and threshold 0. So don't get too frustrated if you're shooting using natural light and they're not as sharp as you'd like. There is a lot you can do in PS to fix it.:)
Hope this helps a little!!?
Also it might help to bump up your ISO higher if you're wanting your pictures a little brighter inside. The trade off with this is, bumping up your ISO will cause more "grain" in your pictures but sometimes I think grain gives pictures character. Especailly black and whites sometimes. (depends on my editing mood though, ha ha.)
ReplyDelete