Sunday, 20 March 2011

A Week With the Smith's

We spent a week hanging out with our friend kids while they went on a work trip. I say hanging out over watching because their kids are old enough to take care of themselves, we were just there to add a little peace of mind while our friends were away. It was a fun week. Emerson really enjoyed being able to hang out with his 'friends' (side note - I think it is really cute that Emerson calls the Smith kids his friends.)
I really enjoyed having someone to hang out with and make cards. Emerson also participated, but the photos will show that he missed getting the ink on the paper a couple of times. Thomas even joined in on our last night there and made a cute little card.
The second activity that took place almost ever night was playing basketball with Emerson's basketball hoop. I thought it would be fun for Emerson to bring it over so he would have something to play with while everyone was at school, but I think it was when school was over and Stephen got back from work that the basketball hoop got the most use. A lot of horse and pig were played the couple nights we were there.
Canyon was very interested in the fireplace at the Smith's. It was stocked with a bunch of coal and Canyon made an attempt to go after it every chance he got. On the last night he managed to get to the coal before we could stop him. (I wasn't paying attention to him, and in a matter of minutes he had gotten in the coal....and done this!)
On our last night with the Smith's we had scones for dinner. Unfortunately the scones did not turn out that well. Instead of being light and fluffy they were flat and dense. They were still edible, but it was a bit of a let down that they didn't turn out quite right.

We had a great time hanging out with the Smith's. We love their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment