Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Hair Replacements!

About two weeks ago we found some 'hair' replacements for Emerson and Canyon. For those of you who do not know about 'hair', I will not go into details, just know that finding a 'hair' replacement was a glorious and amazing achievement for our home.
With Canyon becoming attached to the 'hair' I decided we needed to do something, so for a couple days we kept telling Emerson how we were going to go to the toy store and find some new toys to replace the 'hair'. Emerson was really excited and so when we went to Toys'R'Us to get some new toys he was all for it.
We piled up all the possible 'hair' replacements on Canyon and then went through and let the boys choose which stuffed animal they wanted to take home with them.


Canyon came home with a cute little Elephant. Emerson liked both the blue Eeyore and the lion, but in the end chose to bring home the lion. I was a little worried if this whole 'replacement' was going to work so before we left the store I asked Emerson if he was really happy with his lion. His response: "Yes mommy, it's my new hair!" I was a little more hopeful after that comment.


The first night Emerson went to bed with no problems. The second night he asked for his 'other hair' and I explained that we didn't have it anymore because now he had his lion and that his lion was his new hair. Surprisingly that sufficed and he hasn't really asked about it since.

So with much excitement we are happy to announce that 'hair' is gone and in place we have Larry the Lion and Ely the Elephant. (Stephen's current names for the stuffed animals)

1 comment: