This morning Emerson and I slept in a bit and finally got out of bed around 8.30. Stephen had already been awake for a while, most likely enjoying a couple spare minutes when Emerson wasn't asking him to play ball, or draw, or read. We had Fruit Loops for breakfast which Emerson really enjoyed. Then we got ready for the day. While I was getting ready Emerson and Stephen were drawing footballs and fish on a piece of paper.
After we were all ready we went to Mildenhall to get a propane tank and a cover for the BBQ. Apparently they don't sell propane tanks in this country. You have to rent them instead. I have no idea why but there was no point in renting a tank from a store an hour away from where we live, so we went to the base to get a cover. Afterwards we came back to Lakenheath and went to the library. I am slightly disappointed in the selection of toddler books that they library has for being such a large base. We left with two of the Dr. Seuss books we had just returned as well as two new books. I forgot how much fun Dr. Seuss books can be to read.
After the library we stopped by the BX and bank. Then Stephen and Emerson played on the playground in front of our hotel. Stephen had a lot of fun riding the airplane while Emerson's favorite was the slides. We let Emerson go down the big slide and he was very proud of himself for going down (with the help of Stephen).
After the playground we went back to our room to watch the first half of the Jazz game that was being rebroadcast from the night before. We also had some lunch. While Emerson and Stephen watched the game I did some scrapbooking. Then it was time for my doctors appointment. As we left the hotel and started walking to the hospital it began sprinkling (which is the first not sunny day we have had our entire stay). My appointment went well. I am progressing and the doctor said that she suspects that it could be within the next couple days, but of course you never know. She also said that this baby is probably a little bigger than Emerson was. Hopefully she's a little off with that part. It was still sprinkling on our way back to the hotel so we put in a movie while we waited for dinner to cook. After some lasagna we put Emerson down for bed. Then Stephen and I finished up the baby announcements. All we need now are some pictures and the stats (weight, height, NAME!).
No comments:
Post a Comment