We started our eighth day of storknesting with a doctor's appointment. We then went back to the room and got the boys and their cars and played outside on the playground until lunch.
After lunch we did some errands and hung out at the room reading stories and playing games. At dinner time we went to the bowling alley and played a couple games while we ate some bowling alley food. The boys had a lot of fun bowling and watching everyone else bowl. Canyon thought that it was especially fun because it was the first time that he actually got to bowl.
After the first game I started feeling a little worn out and decided to sit out on the second game. I soon realized that I was feeling worn out because I was in LABOR! We hung around for the second game and then after we got back to the hotel I asked Emerson to share my little secret with everyone else - "Sister is on her way!" I went ahead and put Canyon to bed so that I could make sure that I was in "true" labor and then after the boys were both asleep we started timing my contractions. After a little less then an hour we realized that I was probably close enough to head into the hospital.
When we got there (which took about five minutes to walk to) they put us in an examination room to see if I was far enough along to be admitted. When they checked I was already dilated to a 7. They then put us in a room and strapped me up to the monitors. Not long after they had finished getting all their charts ready my contractions started feeling quite painful. When they checked me for the second time I was fully dilated. The doctor came in and broke my water and about 15 minutes later our little girl was born.
She actually didn't come out that little weighing 9 lbs 15 oz and 21 1/2 inches long.
Everything went very well and we are all so excited to be able to hold and give lots of cuddles to our newest addition.
Congratulations to the Chatterton Family. We are excited to get the good news of a little girl inn your family. We are thankful that everything went well. We loved the photos! We are all greatly blessed. You are a great family. With Love, Great Grandpa and Grandma Hood
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!! You make labour sound so easy - I'm glad everything went well. She looks adorable, more like Canyon than Emerson I think. Let me know as soon as you have a name. xxxxx
ReplyDelete